Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dubious Snack

Continued from yesterday...

After her romp int he snow Smudge warmed up on the front porch, but still wasn't ready to come in, so we moved her to the side deck and let her play on her own out there for awhile.
I looked out the patio door to check on her, and this is what I saw. She was chowing down on a huge chunk of snow, and her little face was bright red from the cold. She still wasn't ready to come in, but I thought it was time for her to thaw out a bit.
I had to bribe her with an apple for her hunk of snow, and she finally agreed to come in without a fuss.

It took about half an hour, but her face finally returned to a normal colour, so no great harm was done to her delicate skin. Next time I put her outside I think I will put a layer of Vaseline on her face first.

1 comment:

Mary said...

i MUST get up there to ottawa to see you guys.

these pics are so cute. she is getting so big so quickly. i can hardly believe my eyes when i look at your pics.

hope you're well!