Friday, October 15, 2010

Davis Lock

From Chaffey Lock we took some really pretty country roads over to Davis Lock
We parked the car on the top of a hill at the entrance of the lock, and looked down at the water through the trees.
The sun was dancing on the water and...
I had to go down to the water's edge for a closer look.
I am so glad I did because I got this beautiful view at that spot.
AC went to the water's edge to take pictures too.
While he was doing that, I climbed back up the hill and continued to explore.
I found the original Lockmaster's house on the top of the hill...
and would have loved to get inside to look around, but it wasn't open to the public. I think it was empty and just used for storage now. I couldn't see much past the front hall through the glass in the door. Sigh!
I did enjoy the view of the lake from the front veranda of the house though.

From that vantage point I also took the picture below, looking back through the trees around the house, down at the lock.
We eventually found our way down to the lock and strolled out on the dock once we got there.
This is the view looking back at the lock from my vantage point on the bench in the pic above.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Oh what lovely pictures Cuppa, the views are breathtaking....;-) Hugs

Cuppa said...

Bernie - breathtaking indeed. What a beautiful part of the country, and it is right here in my own backyard!