Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Caught my eye.

The other day as I was bustling around in the breakfast nook in the kitchen I looked up and caught this reflection of the dining room in the picture hanging on the wall beside me.
Neat huh?
It brought back memories from years ago, when I would sit at my mother's dressing table and imagine going into the mirror above it, to discover a whole new world there. I created another house on the other side of the mirror, but not just a house, it resembled Manderley without a Mrs Danvers in residence, and my Max deWinter was nothing but charming.

2 comments:

Lorna said...

those are two wonderful shots and a memory we share, although I didn't know about Manderley till I was older, so I think I probably visited a Dickens kind of place.

Mary said...

Those are great pics. At first glance I didn't even know it was a reflection!

:)