Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas Carousel

Now that Sister is in school every day, JJ, quite often spends the day at our house. Sister is one bundle of activity and energy, and sometimes it feels like a hurricane has touched done after one of her visits. JJ on the other had, is much quieter, and things get a tad ruffled after his gentle wind of activity has passed through, but the house is not turned upside down.

The A-Team comes to visit next weekend for an early Christmas celebration with us, so I have started to get the Christmas decorations out earlier than usual this year. I want the house to look nice and festive when they arrive, and be filled with all the sights and sounds of Christmases past.

The Christmas Carousel made a re-appearance this week, and I had it turned on, with music playing, lights dancing, and animals twirling, when JJ got up from his afternoon nap. It caught his eye when he came down the stairs, and he made a b-line for this most wonderous thing. He climbed up on the couch, laid on his stomach with his elbows leaning on the arm of the couch and was mesmerized by the twirling, jumping, spinning sight before him.
He pointed at Rudolph, or the Polar Bear, or Santa as they spun by, but he didn't touch.
Mostly he just gazed in wonder, and kept saying to me " I love this Amma." "This is my favorite thing." and "What was his name again?"
"Rudolph." I would reply, and gazed in wonder at him.

1 comment:

Lorna said...

I was just thinking about that carousel this weekend, when I wasn't pulling my hair out or drinking beer in desperation. It is a beauty, and like JJ, I love it.