Sunday, October 13, 2013

Afternoons at Riverwood

While mornings at Riverwood are a treat, afternoons at Riverwood are pretty special too.  I would often make a steaming cup of after-lunch-tea, put it in my thermal mug, grab my bag of books, and head on down to the Playner-Mill for a few hours. 

When we got home from the farm this week, I could feel all the things on my to-do list starting to cram into my head and demand attention.  The absence of a to-do list at the farm is what makes it so relaxing for me.  When I am there I only have to think about what book to read, where to have my morning coffee, and what forest path we should walk along. Such a change of pace, and oh so relaxing.
Letting some steam escape before putting the lid on my mug for the trek to the Playner-Mill with my after lunch cup of tea.
One day, while walking down to the Playner-Mill,  we noticed these amazing lines in the sky.  I thought a plane had made them, but AC thought it was natural clouds.  Hmmmm, what do you think?

Comfy seats await us in the Playner-Mill
What a perfect spot for afternoon tea.
On cool rainy days we snuggled down inside the farmhouse and would  read the day away. 

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I think AC is right for the most part.

Regenia said...

No guess about the clouds, but that sky is stunning! Only having to decide what to read sounds like the perfect day to me!